You expect workers’ compensation to cover accidents and injuries that occur due to machines, driving company vehicles, or falls at the workplace. Workers’ compensation can also cover the following.
- Heart attacks caused by work stress
- Eye issues resulting from workplace airborne irritants
- Hernias and back pain caused by lifting heavy objects
- Carpal tunnel resulting from poor ergonomics
- Hearing loss that occurs due to exposure to loud noises over a long period of time
Any health condition you feel has been caused due to your work conditions should be brought to the attention of your human resources and workers’ compensation department. They can refer you to Halper Family Medicine for evaluation.