Blood tests have a wide variety of applications, whether you’re healthy or suffering from a chronic condition. The doctors at Halper Family Medicine may order testing to:
- Evaluate how well your kidneys, heart, liver, or thyroid are working
- Discover if you have risk factors for heart disease
- Diagnose disease, including cancer, diabetes, anemia, and HIV/AIDS
- Assess your blood clotting ability
- Check whether medications you’re taking are working
- Evaluate hormone levels (testosterone or estrogen)
Many of these tests are routine and administered during your annual exam.